Technique- Upper body, arm movement and footwork
Further and more in depth study of the various flamenco palos (rhythm families), including Soleares, Alegrias, Seguiriyas, Guajiras. Understanding the compas (rhythmic unit) of the various palos. Students use the arm and footwork techniques they have acquired in BEGINNING FLAMENCO and apply them to the more complex choreographic elements:
- Learn and strengthen the student's familiarity with the various palos (rhythm families) and their compas (the rhythmic unit of a palo) by using palmas (hand clapping), footwork technique and body movements.
- Learn more complex arm movement coordinating them with the footwork and understanding how it fits in the compas.
- Learn the traditional structure of a dance with cante (song).
- Learn the communication between singer, dancer and guitarist in a traditional dance format.
- Learn choreography to more complex palos (family rhythms) and applying all of the above components
Tuesday, 26 June, 2012
Other Dates For This Event:
Contact:Elba Hevia y Vaca
Website: Click to Visit
Save this Event:iCalendar
Windows Live Calendar
Share this Event:Email to a Friend