PROMOTING YOUR LIVE ARTS & PHILLY FRINGE PERFORMANCE
Performances listed or promoted through PhiladelphiaDANCE.org must contain dance as a key element. It can be an interdisciplinary work as long as dance is one of the genres.
List your performance on The Dance Calendar
But first check that we have not already listed your event for you. We have added manyh of the Fringe and Live Arts performances pulling directly from their site.
If you are not listed, you can add your performance by clicking on "submit an event" in the right column menu.
Title of the show should be prefixed by either LIVE ARTS- title or FRINGE- title
Be sure to use the host of social media tools attached to your calendar listing!
All performances listed on our calendar are automatically included in our weekly newsletter to 3,500+ subscribers as well as our monthly eNewsletter to over 15,000+ subscribers.
Calendar listings are also automatically posted to FaceBook and Twitter for even more exposure.
The Dance Journal
Advance stories and press releases are being covered as features in the Dance Journal. Press releases are fine to submit provided that they give some information about your group as well as the nature of the performance. They should not be just listing information. A photo must be sent with the release. Email to email@example.com and BE SURE the subject line fo the email says "For Inclusion in The Dance Journal". We reserve the right to edit all information before publication.
Reviews - The Dance Journal will be doing a number of reviews of Fringe and Live Arts performances based on availability of staff and timing. Reviews are done independently but complimentary or press tickets when requested are appreciated to offset costs.
Interviews - Depending on staffing and time permitted we hope to be able to offer a number of "live interviews" to be broadcast on Dance Talk Radio. If this is of interest, let us know via email.
The PhiladelphiaDANCE.org Listserv
Reach 1400+ members of the dance community with a single email to firstname.lastname@example.org. But before you do, please read our guidelines for what is permitted and as to the format of your emails!
http://www.philadelphiadance.org/listservrules.html We will endeavor to post everyone's promotions and announcements but will be limiting the frequency of posts to prevent spamming and abuse of our system. General rule of thumb is one advance notice (hold the date) and one notice the week of your performance. If you send an email to announce your show less than 24 hours before the date, we can not guarantee it will go out. Other things to know:
1. Simply send an email to email@example.com Once received, this is put in to a moderation cue and when reviewed is either sent out or if there is a problem, you are notified. Moderation is done in under 24 hours in most cases under 12 hours. Priority is given by date of event. If too many posts are sent in a given day, they may be spread out over a 48 hour period so as not to be perceived as spam by most major internet systems.
2. Subject line of email must be filled out and be clear. Do not leave blank or your post will automatically be deleted by the system. The subject line should be short and to the point, indicating what the post is about. Eg// Performance 4/12 by XYZ Dance Company or New Modern Dance Class Forming. Do not make the subject lines extremely lengthy! Do not put subject lines in all capital letters.
3. When you send to the listserv, your message as formatted is exactly what goes out. Please do not send notes with the email to the listserv. Example, do not put in your post messages like – "can you send this out on the listserv", "please post this when you get a chance", "is this ok to send out on the listserv?". If you have questions about a post or using the listserv – send them to philadelphiadance at gmail.com and not the listserv itself.
4. Remove elaborate signatures or footers. Please remove any organizational or advertising signatures that may be contained in your email. We realize that some signatures (example - yahoo mail) can not be removed and have allowed for them to be accepted by the system.
5. Do NOT have the listserv address as part of your own mass emailers. Messages which contain cc or bcc fields with multiple email addresses will be rejected to prevent spamming. You must send a UNIQUE email to the listserv.
6. Do NOT have the listserv be part of your own mailing lists through such professional services as constant contact, etc. These will be automaitically rejected as they contain tracking code which our users have not agreed upon.
Have a Promotional Video?
Add your video to PhiladelphiaDANCE.tv our own video portal for additional exposure.
It's simple to get started. Go to http://www.philadelphiadance.tv
1. Create a FREE account 2. Check your email for activation 3. Log in to your account & upload videos
Already have videos on YouTube? Use our special tool to copy them on to our site as well for even more exposure! Click on UPLOAD icon.
NOTE: Video Uploads are moderated and can take up to 48 hours for approval.
***Uploads work best using Internet Explorer or Chrome as a browser.
***When creating an account, please use a real name / contact information in your registration that we can verify. This is how we keep our system spam free.
Need to clear unsold tickets?
Create A Philly Dance Deal
To offer a coupon or discount for your dance performance - simply click on register and create an account. Once approved (all accounts are moderated), you will be able to log in - Click on My Account in the menu. First click on My Account Details and update your profile and contact information. When completed, return to My Account and click on Add Coupon to create your coupon. Follow the instructions on the submission form. Coupons can be simply a discount code to be entered in your online store, a printable coupon that the end user can bring to the venue, or an offer like 2 for 1 special. You can change/edit/delete your coupons at any time by going to My Account and clicking on My Coupons or Manage. All coupons are moderated/reviewed and can take up to 24 hours for approval.
Coupons are emailed to approximately 2,110+ subscribers that have an interest in seeing dance.
Press Release Service
***This service may ONLY be used by those whose releases meet our format and criteria. We reserve sole discretion on whether your release will be accepted based on guidelines given to us by press sources who participate in this program.
Create one release and have it automatically sent to over 300 traditional media, bloggers and search engines.
Creating Your Press Release
1. Register or Login.
2. Create/Edit Your Profile - be sure it is complete before going any further!
3. Create your Article/Release following guidelines.
4. Submit and be sure to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to notify us that you have made a submission which is ready for review. We do not regularly monitor this site.
5. Once approved, it is sent out to media, bloggers & search engines.